Popular Posts

Thursday 13 September 2012

Year 12 Message

Hello year 12s - this is just a reminder about your challenge task this week.  You need to try and get yourself a press pack from a magazine.  I know it sounds daunting and scary and some of you are thinking you'd rather not call anyone up and speak to them - and that's fine, it's meant to be scary!  Go onto the magazine's website or onto google, and search for their press office.  Most magazines will have a team dedicated to queries like this.  When you get the number, give them a call and say something like:
"Hello, I'm an A Level Media Studies student (or tell a little white lie and say you're at University if you think it gives you more credibility!) and I am doing some research on your magazine.  I'm looking for additional information about your target audience and your reach (this just means how many people buy their magazine)  and I was wondering if you would be able to send me a press pack or something similar?  

The WORST thing that can happen is they say no!  They will never see your face and they will never know who you are.  Sometimes you have to scare yourself and challenge yourself to get ahead, and any job in the Media, and in many other industries, requires you to put yourself out there and do things like this.

If you cannot do it, come and find me before the lesson next week.  

Also, don't forget to post all of your work about your website onto the blog.  I'm looking for some analysis of the website as well as just pictures....

Miss Davies 

No comments:

Post a Comment